Monday 18 February 2013

The Fabulous Flow-Through Dining Space....

And now, let's get down to the style that I truly love; that's not to say that the other Modern Country Dining Set-Ups weren't utterly beautiful and divinely functional but this solution is my absodoodle favourito, as the saying so clearly should go.



The Flow-Through is Modern Country Dining-Heaven. 
Yes, it could be seen as a hotch-potch of all the previous styles we've been discussing....or, as I prefer to think of it, a rather sneaky nabbing of the very best bits to make.....Dining Nirvana!




Can you see, in these images, the dining area seems to flow perfectly  in and around the rest of the house?



Some of the tables are in a room of their own, while others are in fairly open-planned but strictly zoned spaces.....



...yet all of these spaces manage the Modern Country ideal. Conjuring up the feeling of the Country idyll but retaining the slight separateness because of the realities of Modern life with all its noisy kitchen gadgets. These gorgeous dining tables aren't in the kitchen but have been arranged artfully nearby, to ensure the owners have the best of Modern and Country living.



Oh, the joys of the Modern Country Flow-Through.
I think it's about time I showed you ours?


Images via: Country Homes and Interiors, Period Living, Unknown, Katherine's Dream, Ideal Home

Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





15 comments :

Carolyn@Sweet Chaos Home said...

These are lovely! Our dining room is through a kitchen doorway, and I have dreamt of opening it up more when we someday remodel the kitchen. Not sure if it will work, but it's one of my favorite rooms and I'd actually like to see it more often :)

ANNE said...

Gorgeous! The Christmas scene is my fave, but they are all lovely.

Happy day!

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Yes, isn't that Christmas picture beautiful!? It's from a really lovely blog called Katherine's Dream, which features their 'real' house (rather than a magazine-perfect place). Love it!

Sarahx

rusty duck said...

Another great set of styles Sarah!

Ann said...

They are all so lovely spaces,
the first one is fave maybe
because of a little rustic touch in it.

Unknown said...

I lurve these beautiful spaces, the first is my fav. Lovely images and homes xx

mariondee-designs said...

It's funny you know but all of my houses have had dining rooms just flowing off the kitchen or adjacent but everytime I see pics or tv shows with country kitchens (like escape to the country which they are just showing now in Australia) where the dining table is smack in the middle I just swoon! Yes, it's funny how we always want what we never had. take care, Maryann

Lorrie said...

What? You ask that last question and then make us wait? Sigh.
Lovely dining rooms. Can hardly wait to see yours.

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Beautiful.
In pictures and in my head.

I think the pass through kitchen- dining set up is ideal the best of both worlds...

I might have that in my dream home...
Notice I didn't say my NEXT HOME...'cause I ain't moving again!
~ Pat :)

PS: Yes! I can't wait to see yours.

Unknown said...

Gah! All those chunky tables are doing me in. My present table might just have a tragedy befall it.

Claudia Lane said...

Oh, so gorgeous! Love! Claudia x

Cindy said...

Those are really nice, are you really going to show us yours? I look forward to it.
Hugs, Cidny

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

This is my favourite solution as well, the one I chose at The Little White House, though it does look rather messy now because it's in the making!

Elle Sees said...

i love the inspirations here, especially the first

Unknown said...

Lovely!! Mine is a flow-through and I wouldn't want it any other way :) xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10