Monday 31 May 2010

Master Bedroom before..

Time for another 'before' entry! This time it's the top floor's turn. Here's the first shot (this is before we moved in so ignore the possessions - or have a good nose!!):



It was a really strange use of space for us as there was a huge master bedroom downstairs and we didn't want two master-size bedrooms. This room was neither one thing nor another.

Neighbours in the house two up from us said the space worked incredibly well for them as a master room (they have the same layout as us) as the whole of the top floor is an adult space. They had turned the downstairs master bedroom into two rooms. I needed time to think so, for a while, we used it as a hobby room.

My change of mind happened when we had guests to stay. They slept in our room downstairs and we spent the night up here and... I LOVED it! Not as it was, obviously, but I suddenly began to see its potential.

I had always found the room downstairs a bit big. I like feeling slightly more cocooned in my bedroom. This felt spacious but more cosy than our downstairs bedroom.




Things I liked:
the space;
the lovely old beams;
the sloping roof;
the slight separation from the rest of the house - potential for a real haven!


What I didn't like:
small windows;
complete lack of proper storage (open built in shelving and an open wardrobe rail in an alcove plus a massive cupboard with no doors);
the decor (TWO borders and very flimsy tongue and groove);
the door opened where the bed fitted best;
the radiator was where the bed fitted best;
plugs on the beams;
the attic hatch in the bedroom;
Quite a list!

This was was going to be quite a big job.....oh yes, and I discovered I was pregnant... with twins. All in a days work for Mrs Modern Country.... NOT! Aaaaarghhh.....

Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





1 comment :

Alejamuel Sultz said...

You have a cute area under the sloped roof. Anyway, a sloped roof is a great way to prevent snow and water from settling up on your roof. They will simply run off, and go straight to the ground. That will keep the roof long lasting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10